Monday, December 31, 2007

The clock is ticking...

Tick Tock..Tick Tock..the countdown is on. Ms He-Man is now 34 weeks and according to the doctor it’s just matter of time before the baby decided to pop out his head and smell the coffee (in this case..milk). Just last week I was thrown into a state of panic as Ms-He man first felt this phenomenon of Braxton Hicks..a false contraction…a false alarm. This false occurrence was enough to jump start my system and shift its gear to panic mode. A sneeze or hick up now is enough for me rush her to the hospital for a medical check up.


This event also made me realized that there are still a lot of things that I don’t know about pregnancy and labour. The last time I changed baby nappies was 13 years ago when my mom gave birth to my youngest brother. At that point the situation was different as it was more of a forced participation rather than a voluntary one as my maid was out of action for several weeks. How I wish I paid more attention back then..hehehe.


I am now getting all sort of advice from left right and center. The weird one must be the one that I heard today from some of the ladies in the office as they have suggested for Ms –He man to start sucking a strand of hair of some random old lady, freshly plucked after her midnight shower. This apparently has the benefit of making birth easier. Told this to her and she is extremely not impressed. Yikes! Thanks but I think we will stick to Yoga.


Enough said…countdown this year will be a quiet one as both of us do not fancy the idea of being stuck in a traffic jam.. rubbing noses with strangers and staying up awake till 3 -4 in the morning. From what i gathered from the papers Empire and Jerudong will be hosting this year`s countdown and among the highlights are the Gambus performance from Jabatan Penjara..party on dude..! To those who will be at Jerudong or Empire tonight..have a great countdown and again Happy New Year!

No comments: