Saturday, December 8, 2007

Struck by a Tiger lightning


Feeling really sick, cold and shivery now after the incident at RBA this morning. It was a beautiful sunny day in RBA golf course when Mr Slim shady ditched us last minute to bring his son to a dental appointment leaving myself and Greencurry to our endless journey to conquer this hazardous and torturous course.

We both started off with a good tee shot from the back 9 and scoring a consistent boogies and double (and triple for me) along the way. GC was leading the game at the back 9 and ended the first 9 holes with a 50 strokes while I did quite badly at 58. The fun all begins at the front 9. GC seems to struggle to launch the balls using his 4 iron and took this opportunity by blasting away my tee shot with my killer drive giving me a head start over him. However his chipping magic and killer putt denied me from taking the “honours” in the first few holes.

However the tables tuned in the last 4 holes and this was the time when I was struck by so called “Tigers lighting”…my driver shot went on a rampage hitting at 240 -250 yards straight driving Greencurry bonkers. In one of the last few holes…my balls flew at 250 yards hitting the cement and bounced back in leaving me only 20-30 yards to go on a par 4 hole. It was sweet! From then I lead the way scoring boogie..par ..and another par and a majestic Birdie at the last hole ending my weekend rituals in RBA with a score of 45 at the front 9 with a gross score of 103 (Nett 75)..my personal best record. Green curry scored 99 Gross and with a 23 handicap scored 76 Nett…I win hahahaha

No comments: