Thursday, January 3, 2008

Blast from the past (part 1)

I got no new pictures to post this week and thus decided to ramble about some random thoughts I had driving back from KB the other day, The things I am going to blog about is not meant for the weak of heart and nor the faint of will hehe..

This inspiration came from a chat with an old high school friend last week. We were reminiscing the crazy things that we did during high school and decided to share it in this blog for old times' sake. Basically the first three years of high school were a living hell for me which I always referred to as my dark side. For simplicity, let’s called the school X. 15 years ago X was opened and it was still brand new. My parents decided to send me to X as it was close to my grandparents place and near to the Ugama School.

This school is divided into two groups: The A`s and B`s. The A`s are the dominant ones as they are mainly made up of these tough,”karas”, rude, bad mannered school rejects and the B`s are the geeks, innocent boys and mainly those who can’t speak the A`s dialect. Fortunately/unfortunately I’m in the B category.

Every day the A`s will pick up any of the Bs to bully and in most cases the Bs got beat up for no reason. I remember a friend of mine got beat up almost every day because some of the A`s didn’t like his name because it sounds like a girl`s name. My other friend was also another favorite as his hair was “krebo” as his mom thins that he looks cute with a perm hair..obviously the A`s didn’t share the same views..yeah crazy..but its true!

Once a week the A`s will do their “management visit” to all the form 1 and form 2 classes to collect the so called taxes from all the B`s students. We the Bs hated this and always share tips on the best place to keep our pocket monies and yes you can imagine that it has gone to dark sweaty unimaginable places and you would be right. I felt pity on our canteen operators..but hey a boy’s got to pay for the food somehow..hehe.

I figured out that this is ridiculous and concluded I need to be at least a little bit of an A without jeopardizing my B status. What better way could I do it than mastering the A`s dialect itself and acting tough by picking on the smaller weaker Bs. Yeah I am a traitor to my B community but at least I survived. If any of you small B`s back then are reading this now..i apologize from the bottom of my heart haha.

So the saga continues..as I spoke my way through every conflict with the A`s. Funnily the accent though it’s a crappy one but was enough to camouflage me and confused the hell out of the A`s thinking that I was one of them and thus untouchable . I also managed to make an alliance with a lost soul i.e. a pure A but with a B mentality. This gives me even more credibility in my disguise.

To be continued...

No comments: