Sunday, May 20, 2007

DRM Golf Tournamnet

I`m finally in! After 3 months of training i finally drag my ass down to the course for some real golf actions. Forced myself to sign up for the tourney last Friday. Luckily there are a few slots left so i am in with a bunch of pro golfers who i understand were single handicapped and a guru when it comes to golf ettiquete.

I started my morning with a mis-swing dubbed way behind the tee. The ball fell off the tee and i innocently picked it up and put it back nicely on my tee and get my ass in shape for my second shot. Penalty! said the marshal..i didnt ask much and just accepted that im starting my first hit with 4 strokes booked to my scorecard. However i managed to recover my pride as my second shot flew like a bird to the fairway.

I ended the game with quite a bad score 138. When i think abt it, its not that bad for a beginner and there were also some external factors beyond my control that affected my game:

  1. We were in a rush as one of our flight member have to catch a plane at 2`o clock
  2. My caddy sucks big time
  3. Mentally not prepared for the long walk around the course.
  4. I was too hungry and too tired to give a damn on my last hole and hence the 15 points.
Overall, it was a good day. i salute the organizers for their hard work to gather all the people, sponsors and managing the admin issues to organize this tournament. One thing that suprised me was the number and types of prizes that were given out after the game. Some of them includes pro-v balls, callaway balls, chipping net, lots of caps and lots of golf shirts and also some weird golf vaccum thingy. I myself won a cobra cap during the lucky draw. We break off around 1 and immediately crash the minute i got back home. I got the feeling that this will not be my last! Will train more seriosuly to ensure i hit below 120 in my next game!

No comments: