Friday, April 6, 2007

Working Abroad

A friend of mine called me up and told me he got a job in a law firm in New York. Life is quite hectic but the same time he really enjoyed every bit of his time in that city. When i asked him..what makes him wana do it..he just simply answered.." im doing it for the experience". He understand the difficulty of getting promoted and specifically to be accepted as a partner in that firm,,but what the heck...he is still young..and he got nothing to loose to accept the job and just go for it. He told me he will come back to Singapore in a few years time enough for him to save and explore that side of the world.

I wonder how many young Bruneians are willing to take that risk..to come out of their comfort zone...to put aside whatever wonderful things that they have in Brunei and venture for a new experience, new life, new culture...etc. I know a lot would like to do it...but i wonder how many will actually do...

No comments: